LAND TRANSPORT MANAGER
CONTAINERSHIPS plc provides every service our industrial and retail customers need to ensure safe and rapid container shipping within Europe, Russia and Mediterranean. We offer customers a choice of all standard and special container types and complete coverage using sea, road, rail and river container transportation.
We have 50 years of experience behind us and a versatile team of 600 professionals in 21 countries around Baltic and North Sea as well as in Mediterranean. Headquarter is located in Helsinki and the turnover in 2016 was approximately 200 M Eur.
In the course of the coming year Containerships will become the first short-sea container operator in Europe to use LNG (liquefied natural gas) as the main fuel source in the whole end-to-end service including sea and land.
Currently we are looking for
LAND TRANSPORT MANAGER
who will be leading local Transport Planning and group Land Support Administration team.
Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Purchase of truck and intermodal transport capacity.
- Manage hauler agreements.
- Plan, arrange and follow-up on pre- and on-carriages.
- Adapt trucking capacity to the actual bookings.
- Long term planning for market situation, fuel price, costs etc.
- Monitor profitability of transport.
- Evaluate and monitor haulers’ service performance.
- People and processes management.
- Maintain cooperation between transport department, terminals and internal departments.
- Participate in group development projects.
Ideal candidate would have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in transport planning and team management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Transport management, Business management or other relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of legal issues, government regulations and safety procedures.
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, excellent leadership skills.
- Fluent written and verbal Latvian, Russian and English, knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Experience with MS Office applications, advanced MS Excel skills.
- Challenging and dynamic work in a growing company.
- International working environment and motivated colleagues.
- Personal and professional growth.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Please register and add your CV and motivation letter, following the link:
For additional information please call: +371 67852920.