Manpower client Latvia MGI Tech is a part of BGI Group – company founded in 1999 with the vision of using genomics to benefit mankind and has since become the largest genomic organization in the world. BGI provides comprehensive sequencing and bioinformatics services for medical, agricultural and environmental applications. The company has a proven track record of excellence, delivering results with high accuracy and efficiency to support innovative, high-profile research which has so far generated over 300 publications in top-tier journals such as Nature and Science.
Due to intensive growth of MGI Latvia Team, we are looking for Bioinformatics Assistant to help with Installation and management of bioinformatics software.
- Installation and management of bioinformatics software.
- Manage public datasets for bioinformatics usage.
- Establish local sequencing data flow.
- Analysis sequencing data and prepare reports in PPT format and detailed files.
- Support network and system administrator if necessary.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in a biology, bioinformatics, information technology or related fields would be preferable.
- Software package management systems for bioinformatics software installation, such as, miniConda.
- Knowledge of Python and Linux bash scripts.
- Statistical analysis software, such as R, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Usual sequencing data analysis pipeline, such as Metagenome data, SNV calling, etc.
- Skills to present data.
- Basic knowledge about network and server administration.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal English and Latvian.
- The opportunity to gain invaluable experience in one of the leading genomic organizations in the world.
- You will be a part of stable organization with high business standards and have support of professional team.
- Starting point for this position is not less than €1,700 gross per month.