IT support specialist
Manpower client Latvia MGI Tech is a subsidiary of BGI – company founded in 1999 with the vision of using genomics to benefit mankind and has since become the largest genomic organization in the world. BGI provides comprehensive sequencing and bioinformatics services for medical,
agricultural and environmental applications. Due to intensive growth of Latvia, we are looking for IT Support Specialist to help establish and develop local network environment.
- Establish local network environment & network monitoring
- Installing and implementing security programs
- Manage e-mail accounts, Internet filters, firewall policies
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues, and applying software and hardware replacements
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Installing, configuring, and maintenance of hardware and software, for general and bioinformatics purpose
- Be responsible for the registration, daily management and maintenance of servers, computers, printers, SPC telephone switches and other IT hardware equipment
- Answering technical queries and assisting users
- Other duties as assigned
- Servers and network
- Network protocols and security policies
- Operating systems, Linux, Windows, etc.
- ERP system
- Software package management systems for bioinformatics software installation, such as, miniConda for Python, etc.
- The opportunity to gain invaluable experience in one of the leading industries organizations in the world.
- You will be a part of stable organization with high business standards and have support of professional team.
- The starting point for this position is not less than €1,700 gross per month.